An Open Book

Who Needs Hammocks Anyway?

November 28th, 2008 at 2:41 pm by Jana

The weather has been really nice lately compared to last week. It’s been sunny 70′s all week. I’ve been inside a lot, mostly reading, but I decided yesterday that I wanted to spend some more time outside. So I grabbed my book and made my way over to the hammock at the Freiburger building. I stared at it for a second, a little intimidated by its height, but finally decided that wouldn’t stop me. I kicked my shoes off and climbed on as if it were my bed. Big Mistake. I was able to hang on for a total of 2 seconds before the thing tipped over and dumped me out on the other side. It’s a good thing no one’s on campus. It would have been much more humiliating with witnesses. I ended up being able to climb on, but I could only stay on it sideways. I couldn’t get it balanced enough to let me actually lay down in the middle like I had wanted to. Oh well. Guess I won’t be doing that again!

Posted in Lynn | 3 Comments »

3 Responses

1. Anne Says:

What you need is a hammock with a spreader bar at one end – to keep the hammock from folding in around your head, and no spreader bar at the other – this allows the hammock to hug your body and hold you in place. Very difficult to fall out of.

2. Ashlea Says:

What you need is something soft to land on!

3. Jana Says:

Haha they should put an air bounce under the hammocks!!