An Open Book

Goodbye

December 17th, 2008 at 12:28 am by Jana

This will be the last blog I write for Lynn. This is the last semester that I spend at Lynn. After a semester off, I’m starting school at Louisiana State University in Shreveport for the summer semester. I decided this early in the semester, and though I have told many people, I decided not to mention it in my blog until now, when it’s almost time for me to go.  I leave early tomorrow morning.

Attending Lynn University was probably the most life-altering decision I have ever made. I’ve met people I’ll remember for the rest of my life, and I’ve had opportunities that have been extremely beneficial to me. There are many people I want to thank before I leave.

First, I want to thank the entire English department, especially Dr. Morgan. The professors in this department had an immediate and extensive impact on my writing and analytical abilities. They reinforced my love of literature and have opened my mind to new methods of thinking, in addition to providing me with opportunities I would never experience anywhere else, such as sending me to the National Undergraduate Literary Conference last year.

I also want to thank everyone in charge of the blogging. Blogging has been such a unique experience for the past year and a half. I’ve gotten to record many of my college moments, as well as become more recognized throughout campus, which I can almost guarantee I would not have done on my own.

The library staff has been an important part of my life the past three years. I have always enjoyed working in the library, and the people I have worked with have always been wonderful.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has helped to remain at Lynn when I was not sure if I would be able to return. The Canarelli family especially deserves my thanks, and I will always remember them fondly for everything they have done for me.

I hope I’ll be able to come back and visit some time. I have loved this school, as well as Florida, and I will definitely miss it in many ways.

Posted in Lynn | 4 Comments »

4 Responses

1. Wendy Says:

I can’t imagine the culture shock: south Florida to shreveport?? On top of all the other changes that you will experience. Good luck to you

2. Liz Says:

I can’t believe my favorite blogger is leaving. May your future will be filled with many good books (including by you). You will be missed.

3. amber Says:

hey hey what about me? i want to thank my sister for not following me to my college and being my bestest friend and i love her(but dont let her know that) and all that good stuff…..

4. Diane Fuson Says:

I want to thank everyone for the opportunities you presented to Jana. She has thrived and grown into her own thanks to the many friendships and helping hands along the way. I wish everyone the best of luck in their endeavors. Happy New Year and may it be one of the best for you all. Thank you.