Keeping Score

My Dad

by Gene | March 9, 2009

Dad, Daddy,Pops, Father, Money Man, Embarassing, whatever name can be used to describe my father, all leads to one thing, Paul Charles Prousnitzer.

Everybody loves their father, but I don’t know if anybody has a dad like mine. He helped make me the man I am today.

Last week, my mom told me that they thought he had a heart attack, but luckily it was just stress finally catching up with him. This made me think, I don’t know what I would do without my dad. He has always been there for me, whether it was coaching my little league baseball and basketball teams, or sitting in the stands cheering for me, or shooting hoops in the driveway with me, or playing catch in the yard with me, or helping me with homework, or offering me fatherly advice, he’s always been there for me, in success and defeat.

I’ve always watched how he carried himself, and if I can turn out to be half the man or father that he has been then I will have achieved success. He is the man that wears many shirts to embarrass me, but he is also the man that I love to death. He is the rock of the store, but is also just a big teddy bear. He always knows how to get a laugh, but knows when he has to be serious.

He may not be perfect, but to me, he’s the perfect father. I love you Dad!

Gene

Categories: Home