Keeping Score

Final Verdict

by Gene | July 7, 2009

Well this morning I went in for more testing. All of the nurses kept telling me I was too young to be in a heart hospital, nor did they want to attempt to pronounce my last name (I have no idea why haha).

They hooked me up to an iv (not really sure why, but I wasn’t going to question it), gave me some stuff to numb my throat (it made my throat feel like it was shrinking, so it was kind of cool and scary at the same time), then when the doctor came in they started the anesthesia. He asked if I could feel it so I told him unless the room was spinning then I think I was, so he told me to lay on my side and the next thing I know I was waking up and the only person left in the room besides my mom. The doctor told my mom there was no hole, but I did have to scale back when I work out or am active, andI can’t run full speed.

But don’t think for a second that I’m not gonna give everything I have oin basketball and everything else I do. I’m still going to give the same intensity with basketball and make every coach wish they had somebody like me in the program.

I’m proud to be a Fighting Knight and I’m proud to work with the coaches that I have: Coach McMillin, Coach Hayes, Coach Heskett, Coach Crislip, and I’m excited about getting to work with our newest assistant Coach Alacron.  I have learned a great deal from those I’ve worked with and feel I’ll learn a lot from Coach Alacron.

Thank you all for your care and concern.

Gene

Categories: Home

2 Comments

Jason 7/7/09 10:28 pm

Gene – so glad to hear the tests turned out well. Thank goodness! Take care of yourself. As for powering down a little — doesn’t surprise me to read that you don’t plan on doing that!

But again… take care! I’m thrilled to read this good news.

Christina 7/7/09 10:46 pm

Gene,
I am so glad to hear that everything turned out fine. At the risk of sounding like your mother, I sincerely feel you should take it easy for a while. No need to be so hard on your body since it will be with you for your lifetime!

Take it easy and don’t overexert yourself!