Knight Report

Honors Conference in Boston

by auracruz | November 28, 2012

I recently attended the National Collegiate Honors Council conference in Boston, with a group of students who are part of the honors colloquium at Lynn.  The conference offered a multitude of activities in which students and educators were able to participate.

In order to compete, we submitted an application last semester for the activities and or competitions we wanted to perform in. My partner Mauricio and I competed in the diversity poster competition. However, the other students represented Lynn in different sections of the conference.

My project was on the Hispanic influence on South Florida. It was the first time my partner and I participated, and it was a great learning experience. I have to admit I was a bit nervous the day of the competition, I think it was because I didn’t know what to expect. The competition was held in a big ballroom, we stood beside our poster and waited for people to approach us with questions. After two hours of explaining our research, and constantly repeating the same information to different people, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Little did we know a long and exhausting day would turn to be an awarded one.  Our poster was chosen as the best in our category at a national conference! I feel very honored and proud about this accomplishment, all of the hard work and effort definitely paid off. However, what I liked most about this entire experience was that we all supported one another, and that I spent time with a wonderful group of students who well represented Lynn.

Now I ask myself… “am I a nerd?”

First place!

Gabriela and Gabriella presenting their project on Lynn’s diverse student body

Jessica Caplin Singing at a music master class

Jessica presenting her scientific research

Jordana, Jonathan, Olivia and Loise showcasing Lynn’s honors journal
The entire group

Categories: Lynn

2 Comments

Amedar Consulting 11/29/12 3:51 am

Nice weblog right here! Additionally your website quite a bit up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate link to your host? I want my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

longchamp bags 11/29/12 6:04 pm

This is usually a really fine site write-up, im delighted I found it. Ill be back down the track to look at other content that.