Off the Record

Facebook Tips and Tricks

by Tammy | May 25, 2012

I have a self -diagnosed case of Lynn Syndrome. The condition is common in Lynn Knights and its main syndrome is deliberate refusal to leave Lynn University following undergrad graduation.

I have it and so do most of my friends. How do we deal with the syndrome? We stay at Lynn for our master’s degree because we aren’t ready to leave =).

I officially start my graduate courses in August and until then will be working a lot more than I usually do for the Marketing department at Lynn.

With the upcoming debate in the fall, Lynn will have more eyes on it than ever before! So, the marketing team is working hard to have all of our social media platforms on top of their game!

So, I’ve been doing a lot of social media research in the past days and while I was doing so I encountered a couple tips that I know many of you will appreciate.

A couple weeks ago I was reading an article online about things a woman should know before she’s 30. Soonafter, someone joked with me about reading it!

I agree with Knight writer Debbie, it’s no one business what articles I am reading! The good news is you can fix this!

HIDE WHAT YOU READ ON FACEBOOK

There are many things on Facebook that we don’t usually take advantage of because we don’t even know about them! If you want to, you can create your own list based on your own interests. That way you’re never behind.

CREATE YOUR OWN LISTS 

Even though you probably are familiar with the places you’ve been application. Did you know you could also add pictures to that? Lets say for instance that you went to Mexico for spring break two years ago, you can retrospectively add locations to pictures you’ve already been to.

PIMP UP YOUR LOCATIONS

Do you want to be on Facebook chat but there’s that person who annoys you by talking to you every time you’re online? Did you know you could appear offline for that one person? That way you avoid having to unfriend them !

APPEAR OFFLINE  IN FACEBOOK CHAT FOR ANNOYING PEOPLE

If you are like me and have always wanted to have the option of pre-approving tags you can!  Goodbye to hideous pictures of you back in the day that people randomly tag you in!

PRE-APPROVE ALL OF YOUR TAGS 

Are their people, apps or anything that you DON’T want to see on your news feed? You can control this!

HIDE WHAT YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE ON YOUR NEWS FEED 

Have you ever wanted to create a secret group with your friends just for the heck of it?

CREATE A SECRET GROUP 

As I start delving more in more into social platforms, I will let you know what I find along the way =)

Categories: Uncategorized

7 Comments

Ilmir 5/28/12 8:55 am

I wanted to thank you for this great read!!

Video Conferencing 5/31/12 7:16 am

Thanks for sharing this post. I believe that it would be very useful for many that are interested in this topic.

Kerala Honeymoon Packages 6/1/12 6:15 am

These are really awesome info on Java widgets. I was looking for such types of thing over web. You have described so nicely, how to implement it. Thanks for this.

Temple 6/1/12 12:54 pm

Facebook – big village) The more things change, the more they stay the same

Praveen 6/3/12 6:42 am

Awesome tips to get most out of Facebook. Will use these tips to promote my web site free samples in india

Liz 6/4/12 8:53 am

So glad to know about these features. Maybe it will help me like Facebook again.

Chris Magoon 6/5/12 5:12 pm

Congrats on graduating. We have several Facebook pages – one for personal and several for business and your tips are right on.