Off the Record

T-14= #lynndebate

by Tammy | October 8, 2012

I can’t believe it! In 14 days our school will have a front row to history by hosting the final Presidential debate before the elections.

About 4 years ago, when I first moved to Boca Raton to start my freshman year at Lynn, I wasn’t interested or familiar with American politics.

And even though I could have voted during the 2010 elections because I was already 18 and I have dual citizenship, I didn’t because honestly the only opinion I had about politics was my dad’s opinion. This time around, it has certainly been a different experience.

I’m not a political expert by any means, but the fact that the last Presidential was taking place on Knight ground motivated me to inform myself further about the American political process.

After attending both the Republican and Democratic Conventions, I’ve researched the candidates and their positions on various issues, watched the first Presidential debate, and can honestly say that when I cast my vote November 6; the ballot will reflect my educated opinion(not daddy’s).

On Wednesday, Sept. 12, I registered to vote at an on-campus drive and received my voter’s registration card in the mail this weekend. WOHOOO=) Check it out!

If you haven’t registered yet, THE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!!!!

Register online NOW!!

http://www.rockthevote.com/rtv_voter_registration.html?source=rtv.com-homegraphicdeadlines

Categories: Uncategorized

2 Comments

neil 10/16/12 9:04 pm

It is pretty amazing to have this piece of history right here in Boca. There is always so many things to do in Boca Raton, but I am pretty excited about Rock the vote at Mizner.

Omegle 10/21/12 10:07 pm

Im so excited about tomorrows Debate in Boca. Love your post nice work! :) I’m ready to vote so excited.