Sound of Music

Trip to Gumbo Limbo

by Misaki | December 22, 2012

Hello!
I hope everyone is having a great winter break where ever they are.

For me, I’m staying on the campus during the whole winter break.┬áBecause the airplane ticket to Japan is too expensive especially during the holiday season, so I stayed on the campus last winter as well. It is very nice of them to let us stay on the campus and providing food at the cafeteria… I remember back in high school, every students had to leave during the holiday and I was struggling with finding a host family.

I want to be completely lazy during the break, but I still have some things to do including recording for a coming competition, practicing for my solo recital in J-term, writing Christmas and New Year cards to my friends and families in Japan, and etc… But of course, I still have some free time and I’ve been enjoying the break very much.

So, few days ago, I took a bike from the school and went on an adventure around Boca Raton!
We went to the place called, “Gumbo Limbo Nature Center”.

It is located on the same street of the Spanish River.
It took as around 1 hour to get there by bike, Not bad at all.

The place has little museum of Animals, turtle rehabilitation center, butterfly garden, and big nature trail.
Also the FAU science laboratory was in there.

This turtle was in the rehabilitation center.
As you can see in the picture, the turtle doesn’t have the right arm because of the pollution and got some disease… :(

┬áBaby Turtles feeding place…

Cute fish marks on the ground..!

Long nature trail…
It was very pretty and relaxing to walk there. Also there were tons of mangroves tree on the water. Interesting.

Cool house… ? :D

Gumbo Limbo was a fun place to go, and also a very educational place to learn about protecting turtles, animals and etc…
Also the admission fee was free! Nice. :)

Although it was little far, it was a great exercise for me.
I hope to have an another adventure later during the break!

Happy Holidays!

6 Comments

game iwin 12/23/12 4:35 am

hello, I also enjoy the winter holiday with family, feeling great.I also want to go to Japan winter like you but not enough money hihi.But at the party itself was fun, wish you have a happy Christmas :)

MCX tips 12/25/12 9:43 am

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon

Diablo 3 1/1/13 9:35 pm

Pretty good post. Thank you

nasrul 1/2/13 1:08 pm

nice trip,but i would like to promote Indonesia as an alternate holiday place,thanks

Lam ao dong phuc 1/3/13 5:46 am

Hello. I saw this post on facebook of my friend. I love your adventure so much, it’s very exciting. Hope you post another post like this soon.

endangered species 1/4/13 3:41 pm

Fine trip.
Looking Nice.
Great Job.
Thanks.