Taking Flight

SKYDIVING!

by Mauricio | June 5, 2012

One of the things on the very top of my bucket list was skydiving- until last month. As the end of the academic year was approaching and many of my friends graduating, we decided that we wanted to do something we would never forget. I had always wanted to do skydiving but hadn’t really had the time- or guts- to book the date and jump.

What started as a huge list of people got reduced to three: me and my two friends Nicolas Pombo and Lesley Tai. On May 6th, we went to the Miami Skydiving center at the Tamiami/Kendall Intl airport and jumped off a Cessna 182.

It was one of the most exciting experiences in my life. The feeling you get when you are freefalling is truly indescribable. No roller coaster can give you that feeling of being just… on top of the world. After 20 seconds of free fall, the parachute opened. The ride was smooth and the landing was perfect. There´s not enough words to describe the excitement you get after the jump…It’s just something you have to try.

Ill share my skydiving video with you shortly — for now, here are some pictures with my friends on the ground:

Categories: Uncategorized