When In Rome

Spring break: Greece and Madrid!!

by Yuli | March 28, 2010

Well well…  After some days of just resting and going to school, you might have guessed that the experience is not only about Rome right?

Actually,  Europe is so immense and so easy to travel through that backpacking is a very common thing to do here. I have tried to do as much as I have been able to and now I will share a couple of extra trips that I have done: Madrid and Athens!! I actually never thought that I would go outside of Italy until I found out that it was relatively easy to travel all over Europe. As the saying goes: “You never know when you are coming back”. Spring break came and well that is what I was meant to do.

Here you will see the best shots I got in Greece and Madrid, well, the ones I thought were the best ones which is different but I am sure you will like them.  These two trips came out actually at the very last minute when my roomate and other friends were looking for interesting places to go to and I was casually invited. It was only random or unplanned until the second I arrived there. There is always definetely a reason why you go and why you would come back once you think about the many unique and interesting features of each place, from the Acropolis of Greece to the beautiful parks of Madrid. Definetely not random.

Fountain in main park in Athens

Fountain in main park in Athens

Roman Forum in Greece. Located inside a park in ruins.

Part of a Museum in the open-air

Part of a Museum in the open-air

Archeological site in Corynth

Archeological site in Corynth

Part of Acropolis

Part of Acropolis

Each month, an artist is picked in Madrid who is in charge of decorating the city with their artwork. This past month  Xavier Mascaro has been chosen.

Each month, an artist is picked in Madrid who is in charge of decorating the city with their artwork. This past month Xavier Mascaro has been chosen.

"Museum of Ham" as it is called, this place sells all kinds of traditional Spanish ham and sausage. Yum!!

Me by the National Library

Me by the National Library

Cathedral of Almudena right in front of the Royal Palace.

View of a park near the Royal Palace

View of a park near the Royal Palace

The most famous park in Madrid. Parque del Retiro. Amazing sight!!

I truly hope you enjoyed these sights as I have and please keep an eye on what is coming!!

A presto

Yuly Chica

Categories: Uncategorized

1 Comment

Yuli 3/28/10 9:02 am

Loved Madrid!! :)